1. Clean clams and set aside.
2. Wash basmati rice once in bowl and set to one side.
3. In a pan, add 3 tablespoons ghee. Add sliced onions and cook till brown.
4. Now add washed basmati rice, salt, and diluted coconut milk to the pan and bring it to light simmer.
5. Cover the lid and cook rice on low heat till done. Avoid overcooking. Once cooked, open the lid and let the rice cool.
6. In a blender, mix all ingredients for spice paste with a little water.
7. In a separate pan, add 1 tablespoon ghee followed by spice paste and cook till oil separates from sides. Add clams and stir gently. As soon as the clams start opening, add rice and gently fold in spice paste and clams.
8. Let the rice, clams and spice cook for 5 minutes, then finish with a sprinkle of coriander and serve with a squeeze of lemon.